Jinaraja Kanista Vidyalaya down Dharmakirthi Ramya Road, Kollupitiya dates back to 1898. Then named "Jinaraja Buddhist English School" this was the oldest Buddhist English mixed school in Colombo. This school was established for boys and girls of Colombo managed by the Buddhist Theosophical Society, Colombo, under the guidance of Col. Henry Steele Olcott.
Pl. note that this is the oldest MIXED Buddhist school in Colombo. The Oldest Buddhist School in Colombo was the fore runner of Ananda College, started at Maliban Street, Pettah.